5 Tips For The Perfect Domain
Opening a Web-based business? Creating a Web site for your new bricks-and-mortar business?
Here are a few tips to help you choose the perfect domain name or URL.
1. It should be easy to remember. Think Google. Think Digg. Easy to remember generally means short.
2. It should also be easy to use. That means it should be easy to spell.
3. It should have a good ‘extension’. Your first choice should be .com but .ca may work equally well for you if you’re a Canadian-only business.
4. It should describe or suggest your product or service. If it does, it will likely incorporate keywords often used in a search engine when potential customers are looking for a business like yours.
5. It should not conflict with trademarks or names belonging to other businesses. Check!
That was the hard part. The rest is easy.