Five tips for the perfect domain name.
Opening a Web-based business? Creating a Web site for your new bricks-and-mortar business?
Here are a few tips to help you choose the perfect domain name or URL.
- It should be easy to remember. Think Google. Think Digg. Easy to remember generally means short.
- It should also be easy to use. That means it should be easy to spell.
- It should have a good ‘extension’. Your first choice should be .com but .ca may work equally well for you if you’re a Canadian-only business.
- It should describe or suggest your product or service. If it does, it will likely incorporate keywords often used in a search engine when potential customers are looking for a business like yours.
- It should not conflict with trademarks or names belonging to other businesses. Check!
That was the hard part. The rest is easy.
Once you’ve chosen a domain name, you need to check if it’s available and register it through a Registrar like easyDNS. You’ll be able to register your new domain name online in less than 10 minutes!